Responsibility for the work of the Council is split between Full Council and 2 Standing Committees – Town matters and Council Matters. There is also a Planning Committee.
In addition further panels, working groups or open forums can be created, as and when required, to discuss, manage and deliver specific projects.
This committee will be mainly focused and concern itself with:
- Town centre regeneration
- Build on community and environmental resilience; forging relationships with other public sector organisations, businesses and the voluntary sector
- Be a forum for discussing existing and future town matters in detail and will be chaired in a way that enables the public to be heard
This committee will ensure that the Council as an organisation is running efficiently and effectively. It will be principally focused on:
- The day-to-day running of the Council as an organisation and how Frome town council shares information with residents and the media
- The Environment team and the land and open spaces Frome town council cares for
- Frome Town Hall
This Group is not a decision maker on planning matters but is a consultee. The Planning Committee will principally focus on:
- Major planning issues
- Actively engaging with and even search out developers who will work with Frome Town Council in advance of any formal planning application
- Maximise the use of the Neighbourhood Plan and Town Design Statement
- The Planning Committee will also support local residents affected by inappropriate development proposals and closely monitor decisions made by Mendip District Council
Last checked 1st July 2020