There are several ways in which the Town Council is involved in planning for Frome:
- We are consulted on all planning applications within Frome that are submitted to Somerset Council
- Encouraging residents and developers to come and talk to us before submitting applications
- We have produced a Neighbourhood Plan to enable local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community
- We have produced a Town Design Statement with the aim of improving the quality of existing and future developments in Frome
- Offering advice and information on all things planning related, from ‘is my house listed’ to ‘how do I make a planning application’
To do this we have a Planning Committee, made up of Frome Town Council staff and Town Councillors, who meet every three weeks.
In this section you can find information on: