There are several ways in which the Town Council is involved in planning for Frome:
- We are consulted on all planning applications within Frome that are submitted to Mendip District Council
- Encouraging residents and developers to come and talk to us before submitting applications
- We have produced a Neighbourhood Plan to enable local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community
- We have produced a Town Design Statement with the aim of improving the quality of existing and future developments in Frome
- Offering advice and information on all things planning related, from ‘is my house listed’ to ‘how do I make a planning application’
To do this we have a Planning Committee, made up of Frome Town Council staff and Town Councillors, who meet every three weeks.
Our Planning Manager Jane Llewellyn can be contacted on 01373 465757 and Planning Officer Catherine Warburton can be contacted on 01373488577. They can help with your planning enquiries.
In this section you can find information on:
Details about the Planning Committee, including its focus, councillors and meetings.
Frome Town Design Statement
Find out about the Frome Town Design Statement, what’s included and how to view it.
Frome’s Neighbourhood Plan
Read the key points of Frome’s Neighbourhood Plan and download the full document.
Commenting on planning applications
Information on how to view and comment on planning applications.