There are several ways in which the Town Council is involved in planning for Frome:
- We are consulted on all planning applications within Frome that are submitted to Mendip District Council
- Encouraging residents and developers to come and talk to us before submitting applications
- We have produced a Neighbourhood Plan to enable local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community
- We have produced a Town Design Statement with the aim of improving the quality of existing and future developments in Frome
- Offering advice and information on all things planning related, from ‘is my house listed’ to ‘how do I make a planning application’
To do this we have a Planning Committee, made up of Frome Town Council staff and Town Councillors, who meet every three weeks.
Our Planning Officer Jane Llewellyn can be contacted on 01373 465757 and can help with your planning enquiries.
In this section you can find information on: