Frome Town Council is a ‘parish authority’ for the town of Frome.
As a parish or town council, Frome Town Council has an overall responsibility for the wellbeing of the local community.
Our work covers these main categories:
- Delivering services to meet local needs
- Representing the local community
- Striving to improve quality of life in Frome
How does it happen?
Frome Town Council is made up of 17 Councillors, who meet regularly to make decisions on the work and direction of the Council Staff. The Council as a whole is responsible to the people it represents – that’s you, the local community!
Attending a council meeting is the best way to find out what we do. Check out our news stories here to keep up-to-date with what we’re working on at the moment. You can also find out more about the council by having a look round our website and social media channels.
Download our easy read brochure by Open Story Tellers: What Does Frome Town Council Do?
What we do…
- Maintain parks and open spaces that we own
- Promote and support renewable energy and recycling
- Provide community support to groups and charities
- Provide community grants
- Lead community projects
- Work with other Council authorities in the area to help Keep Frome Clean
- Partner with local organisations to host events for the town to enjoy
- Work with local businesses to improve regeneration and economic growth in the town
- Make recommendations to the local planning authority as a voice of the people of Frome
- Campaign for the wellbeing of Frome residents
- Work towards making Frome an independent and more environmentally- sustainable town
- Provide information to members of the public
To find about more about what we are currently working on have a look at our news items
Areas of focus
Currently, the Council has five areas of focus:
- Building a sustainable economy for the town
- Building a vibrant community that is able to participate in local community life and decision making about public services
- Creating a thriving town centre
- The delivery of efficient and effective public services
- An innovative and supportive Town Council
How to get in touch
We work hard to engage with residents and the local community. We want the services that we deliver to be relevant and make a difference to you and your town and welcome your questions, views and comments! You can talk to us in a number of ways:
- By using the Contact Us form on our website
- By contacting your local councillor directly
- By contacting a member of our staff team
- Face-to-face at our Information Centre
- At one of our meetings where the first item on the agenda is always ‘Questions and comments from the public’
Last checked Dec 2018