This committee enables Cllrs to scrutinise what is often called “business as usual” areas of work and explore how to improve performance and efficiency.
The Committee principally focuses on:
- Policies in the Council’s constitution (excluding Standing Orders, Finance Regulations, Cllrs code of conduct that must be reviewed by Council);
- Financial administration, including savings and investments, monitoring income and expenditure against the budget and making recommendations to Council accordingly.
- All aspects of risk management and insurance
- All aspects of Health and Safety policy and monitoring of health and safety incidents, such as staff accidents at work or accidents to the public on the Council’s estate
- The Frome Town Hall and the Council estate
- Policies and processes related to communications and marketing, including FTC events and those events that FTC supports.
- ICT planning and delivery (including websites and CRM) and matters relating to data protection.
- All aspects related to human resources (both paid staff and volunteers) beyond the remit of the Council and the Town Clerk, and establishing a group comprising three Cllrs including the Chair of the committee to address staff grievance, complaints, and disciplinary issues beyond the authority of the Town Clerk
- Civic and twinning matters
This Committee will meet quarterly each year.