The Old Showfield… Great for dogs…. and kids…. and runners…. and walkers… and general outdoor stuff!
The Old Showfield is Frome’s largest open green space. This means there’s plenty of room to stretch your legs, however you choose to do that!
The field is also known locally as the Cheese Field – a reminder that it used to be the site of the town’s annual Cheese Show.
Whichever name you know it by, there’s lots to be excited about here.
It’s also home to parkrun Frome which takes place every Saturday.
There are plenty of routes to and from the Old Showfield, with access from Bath Road/Rodden Road, the Stonebridge Estate & Berkley Road.
Things to do
- Slide, swing, jump & zip-wire your way round the play area – one of Frome’s biggest!
- Catch some weekend football. Or cricket, depending on the time of year
- parkrun Frome – every Saturday at 9am
- Get from A to B avoiding the roads and pavements
- Run, roll and play on the slopes
- Let the dog, or the kids (or both!) use up some spare energy. It’s a big site – plenty of space to run around and wear yourself out!
Click here to view the Management & Improvement Plan for the Old Showfield: The Old Showfield Management Plan 2019 (PDF, 1.24MB)
Get in touch
Call 01373 465757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively call in to Frome Town Hall for a chat.
Last updated 19 August 2019