How is the town council involved in planning?
There are several ways in which the town council is involved in planning:
- We are consulted on all planning applications within Frome that are submitted to Mendip District Council.
- We encourage residents and developers to come and talk to us before submitting applications
- We have produced a Neighbourhood Plan to enable local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community
- We have produced a Town Design Statement with the aim of improving the quality of existing and future developments in Frome
- We offer advice and information on all things planning related, from ‘is my house listed’ to ‘how do I make a planning application’
To do this we have a Planning Committee, made up of Frome Town Council staff and Town Councillors, who meet every three weeks. Find out more about the Planning Committee.
We also have a Planning Officer Jane Llewellyn who can be contacted on 01373 465757 and can help with your planning enquiries.
In this section you can find information on:
Last checked April 2020.