The principle is simple: regular litter picks throughout the town that are based on areas of need. Frome Town Council will supply equipment, the Litter Warriors’ group will decide the location and everyone is welcome to join in. The regular litter picks will be every two weeks, if you’d like to join, please email email@example.com.
Alternatively you can borrow equipment and organise a litter pick in your area, just email us.
If there is an area of Frome that you would like the litter warriors to add to their list, then please do get in touch with them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s keep Frome clean
As well as the Litter Warriors there are lots of people involved in keeping the town clean, including Frome Town Council and Somerset Council. Everybody can do their bit, whether it’s businesses sweeping outside their shops, people putting litter in bins or community groups tidying unloved areas.
Who does what?
- Here at Frome Town Council, we look after most of the parks and green spaces in Frome. We empty our bins once a day, every day – but if you see one that’s full let us know by calling 01373 465757
- Somerset Council is responsible for pretty much all of the other bins in the town and looks after most of the town’s roads and pavements, including roadside drains and street cleaning. You can report full bins directly to Somerset Council by calling 0300 123 2224 or by completing an online form
What you can do to help keep Frome clean
- Nice and simple – put litter in bins. It’s what they’re there for
- Report full or nearly-full bins around the town to us or to Somerset Council
- Join the Litter Warriors or do your own litter pick
- Clean up after your dog and remember bagged dog mess can go in any litter bin
- Smokers – please put butts in the bin when they’re out
Contact us on 01373 465757 or at email@example.com to find out more. Alternatively, pop in to the Town Hall to have a chat.