The principle is simple: regular litter picks throughout the town that are based on areas of need. Frome Town Council will supply equipment, the Litter Warriors’ group will decide the location and everyone is welcome to join in. The regular litter picks will be every two weeks, if you’d like to join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coronavirus means that Frome Litter Warriors litter picks look a little different and need to be socially distanced but they do have some planned.
If you’d like to join them, you must email to let them know so they can take the proper precautions to keep everyone safe. Of course you can still do your bit for the environment in these challenging times by doing a solo litter pick when you’re out and about.
Alternatively you can borrow equipment and organise a litter pick in your area, just email us.
If there is an area of Frome that you would like the litter warriors to add to their list, then please do get in touch with them on email@example.com.
Scheduled litter picks
Saturday 25th September: Meet Rich Ackroyd at the junction of Lower Innox and Mill Close at 10:30am for picking along the river. Kit will be provided, or bring your own if you already have some. No need to sign up, just turn up on the morning.
Let’s keep Frome clean
As well as the Litter Warriors there are lots of people involved in keeping the town clean, including Frome Town Council, Mendip District Council and Somerset County Council. Everybody can do their bit, whether it’s businesses sweeping outside their shops, people putting litter in bins or community groups tidying unloved areas.
Who does what?
- Here at Frome Town Council, we look after most of the parks and green spaces in Frome. We empty our bins once a day, every day – but if you see one that’s full let us know by calling 01373 465757
- Mendip District Council is responsible for pretty much all of the other bins in the town and most of the street cleaning. You can report full bins directly to Mendip District Council by calling 0300 303 8588 or by email
- Somerset County Council looks after most of the town’s roads and pavements, including roadside drains
What you can do to help keep Frome clean
- Nice and simple – put litter in bins. It’s what they’re there for
- Report full or nearly-full bins around the town to us or to Mendip District Council
- Join the Litter Warriors or do your own litter pick
- Clean up after your dog and remember bagged dog mess can go in any litter bin
- Smokers – please put butts in the bin when they’re out
Contact us on 01373 465757 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. Alternatively, pop in to the Town Hall to have a chat.