Somerset Waste Partnership has announced that the Frome Recycling Centre will re-open for essential visits only on Monday 11th May, and specific guidelines and certain restrictions will still be in place.
To ensure social distancing, protect public and staff and limit numbers, there will be a range of temporary restrictions; queues and delays are likely.
Government guidance states visits should only take place if waste cannot be stored safely at home without risking harm or ill-health, or harm to public health and amenity.
The recycling centre will be open six days a week: 9am-6pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9am-4pm Saturdays and Sundays and closed on Thursdays.
Please note: Access is strictly “one in, one out” and a car number plate system will also be used:
Odd numbers (eg ABC61) only Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays
Even numbers (eg XYZ52) only Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays
Other restrictions include:
- Maximum two people per household
- No people with COVID-19 symptoms, or who have been asked to shield
- No large vans (3.5 tonne or heavier)
- No trailers
- Gloves to be worn outside vehicles
Only these materials will be taken:
- Refuse usually put in your rubbish bin, and bulky items, such as furniture
- Garden waste
- Large electrical items, such as cookers, fridges, TVs etc
- Hazardous chemicals, such as those from garden sheds or garages
Not taken until further notice:
- Anything involving payment, such as charged-for hardcore, soil, tyres, gas bottles or vehicle parts (compost will not be available to buy)
- Commercial waste
- Asbestos or plasterboard
Please do not take: Anything usually recycled kerbside – food, cardboard, paper, cans, glass etc, any wood, metals, small electrical items or plastic pots, tubs, trays, Tetra Paks and other beverage cartons.
Garden waste restarts Monday 11th May
Collection of garden waste restarts from Monday 11 May. Subscriptions for 2020-21 will run until mid-May 2021.
Many subscribers’ collection day and dates have changed. It’s important that people reread the letter that came with their bin sticker or check this via My Collection Day at www.somersetwaste.gov.uk.
Collections will only be made from 2020-21 subscribers using bins with lids closed and the correct year sticker, or in paid-for garden waste bags.
What won’t be collected:
- garden waste not in official bins or sacks,
- bins with the wrong or no sticker,
- bins with excess weight (if necessary, remove some material for next collection).
Contact your district customer services if you have not received a sticker or bin: www.somersetwaste.gov.uk/contact-us/
A garden waste collection costs £55.50 for the year to 7 May 2021, while garden waste sacks are £27.50 for 10, here: www. somersetwaste.gov.uk/garden-waste-collections.For further details please visit the Somerset Waste Partnership website.
Published 7th May 2020.