If you are over 16, not subject to immigration control and have a local connection to Somerset, you could apply for social housing.
To register you’ll need to complete an application form, supply your date of birth, National Insurance Number, provide proof of your current address and five year address history, child benefit (if applicable), medical information, income details, capital details and details of any mortgage or rent arrears.
Vacancies across Somerset are let through Homefinder Somerset – which is a partnership of the local Housing Associations and Somerset local authorities:
- Mendip District Council
- Sedgemoor District Council
- South Somerset District Council
- Taunton Deane Borough Council
- West Somerset District Council
This means that people applying for social housing across Somerset only have to complete one application form and be assessed in accordance with the Homefinder Somerset Common Lettings Policy.
The Registered Providers of Homefinder Somerset have formed a Homefinder Promotion Group. The aim is to promote Homefinder Somerset due to:
- The numbers of the register being lower than previous years
- They have hard to let properties in rural areas
- People may not think they are eligible or may not be aware of Homefinder Somerset as the route to social housing
To find out if you are eligible for social housing, to register or simply to find out more about the scheme, visit www.homefindersomerset.co.uk
Last updated 27th February 2020