Report a problem with a street light
If you have a problem with street lights on an area of land adopted by Somerset Council, you can call them on this number:
0345 601 0939 Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm. You can also fill out an online form.
When you contact Somerset Council, please provide the following information (if available):
- Your name and telephone number, in case they need to call you back
- Where the street light is (on which road and area of Frome)
- The number on the street light itself
- Is the street light outside a building? Postcodes can help!
For out of hours emergency issues relating to street lights, telephone: 0345 795 9639
Examples of out of hours faults include:
- exposed wires
- damaged/vandalised equipment
- loose fittings in the ground
- failures of large areas of lighting, like on a major road or roundabout
If the light is on private land, then the landowner is responsible for maintaining the streetlights.
Requesting new street lights
If you would like to request a new street light please contact Frome Town Council, with as much information as possible.
Moving or removing street lights
Requests to have a street light moved or removed needs to be put in writing. If you would like to request a street light is moved or removed, please email email@example.com.