The following volunteer opportunity is available with the local Forever Hounds Trust’s. Please see details below:
Overall objective: This is a voluntary role to exercise and socialise the dogs in Forever Hounds Trust’s care during scheduled weekly group walks (days vary according to region – please contact us for more information). Volunteers may also take part in training of individual dogs, enriching their lives until they get a new forever home. You will be helping dogs, while gaining practical skills and experience and staying active yourself and making new friends (both human and canine!)
Responsible to/supported by: Volunteer Lead Kennel Walker(s), Volunteer Regional Homing Officer, Behaviour Support Co-ordinator (staff), Homing, Kennelling and Welfare Manager (staff) and Volunteer Manager (staff).
- Walking dogs on and off site
- Assisting with training where required
- Playing with and socialising dogs
- Helping to monitor health, welfare and behaviour of Forever Hounds Trust dogs by providing written observations on the behavioural and/or physical condition of the dogs.
Skills and abilities:
- An interest in dog welfare. Experience of owning or caring for a dog (particularly sighthounds) is an advantage but support will be provided
- Regular commitment and reliability- e.g. preferred weekly commitment
- Willingness to learn and follow any relevant procedures, e.g. health and safety, handling
- Residing within 15 miles of a regional kennel facility (please ask for more information)
Our regional volunteer kennel teams have scheduled weekly kennel walks on different days. It is hoped that new volunteers can make a regular commitment, preferably on a weekly basis for 2-3 hours.
How we will support you:
You will receive full support in your role. Forever Hounds Trust will provide you with guidance and direction to ensure that you have a positive, enjoyable volunteering experience.
For further information or to express your interest, email email@example.com