Play, Woods & Frome’s famous BMX Pump Track
On the north bank of the river, Welshmill is one of Frome’s best spots for playing.
And with woods, an acclaimed pump track, a sand pit and a new play trail, there’s plenty of variety to that play too!
We look after this site with the help of the Frome Recreation & Open Ground Supporters – or FROGS for short! They’ve been instrumental in supporting, funding & consulting on the projects that have transformed this space in recent years – and they still have lots of ideas for the future! To find out more about the group click here: FROGS.
The children’s play area is at the Welshmill Lane end of the site.
You can also get here by following the footpath past the Cheese & Grain and the canoe club; or cut through the woodlands by coming in off Welshmill Road.
Things to do
- Swings, slides, sand & our new Play trail
- Exploring in the woods: hide & seek, den-making & make believe!
- Jump higher & ride faster on the pump track
- Walk into town and head back… on the Otherside
- Picnics & Play on lazy, sunny afternoons
Last updated 18 April 2016