Are you eligible for social housing?

Anybody over the age of 16, who has lived in the area they’d like to apply for social housing in, can join the scheme.

Can I register for Social Housing-page-001

Are you working-page-001Social housing vacancies across Somerset are let through Homefinder Somerset –  which is a partnership of the local Housing Associations and Somerset local authorities:
Mendip District Council

Sedgemoor District Council

South Somerset District Council

Taunton Deane Borough Council

West Somerset District Council

This means that people applying for social housing across Somerset only have to complete one application form and be assessed in accordance with the Homefinder Somerset Common Lettings Policy.

The Registered Providers of Homefinder Somerset  have formed a Homefinder Promotion Group. The aim is to promote Homefinder Somerset due to:

  • The numbers of the register being lower than previous years
  • They have hard to let properties in rural areas
  • People may not think they are eligible or may not aware of Homefinder Somerset as the route to social housing

Find out if you are suitable for social housing by clicking this link here:

Do you have to overcome hurdles living in your home-page-001 (1)