Somerset Activity and Sport Partnership (SASP) is looking for a new Sport Development Officer to join their team:
Sport Development Officer – Adult Participation
Contract length: 12 Months in the first instance
Hours: 16 hours per week
(Distribution of those hours flexible and to be negotiated, but to include at least one evening session, and where appropriate occasional weekend sessions)
Salary: £20,000 pa pro rata (Real terms salary £8,000 pa) Lap top & phone allowance will be paid
Location: The successful candidate will be likely to spend the bulk of time “in the field” in the Frome area. However Frome Town Council will provide hot desk office facilities in the Council Office. Occasional meeting at SASP headoffice and other locations (for which travel expenses will be paid)
Initial work program:
- To establish and run an Adult Social Mixed Rounders League
- To establish and run a Senior Mens Football group (maybe, but not necessarily Walking Football) Daytime, targeting men around the cusp of retirement.
- To establish and run a Ladies only daytime Multi Activity social group, targeting though not exclusively for Mums either just after or just before school drop off.
- A Ladies walking / run / fitness group
- One further project at the choice of the successful candidate
All sessions would focus more on social engagement rather than serious competition or skill development. The successful candidate will not be expected to be an expert in all these fields. Where necessary, appropriate training will be provided.
To apply contact Stewwart Collins at the details below:
Deadline for applications is 11 April 2016
Interview Date: 21 April 2016