Any funds raised through the busking will go towards extra curriculum music performances and productions for Frome College students.
The town will come alive with music when Frome Busks returns on Saturday 26th March. From 11am – 2pm musicians from Frome College will be bringing live music into the town centre, playing 15-minute sets across key locations including Boyle Cross, Cheap Street, King Street, the Westway, outside the Black Swan Arts and Cheese & Grain, and right up to the Valentine Lamp at the top of Catherine Hill.
There will be a mix of original and well-known songs, with musicians including singers, guitarists, pianists, drummers and even strings. A-Level Music Tech students will also gain technical experience by setting up the event.
Frome Busks line-up
The acts bringing their voices and instruments to some of Frome’s most popular spots, include:
- Leah & Emily are in Year 10 and will be performing a mixture of original songs in an acoustic pop style. Leah is singing whilst playing acoustic guitar with accompaniment from Emily on piano.
- Soloist Edie Ray is a talented singer songwriter in Year 10. She will be performing a range of covers accompanying herself on guitar. Edie is a big fan of Muse.
- Millie, Phoebe, Bella & Lainey make up this vocal group. The band are all in year 10 and are big fans over everything musical theatre and pop! All of them will be singing and Millie and Lainey will be providing guitar and piano accompaniment.
- Daisy & Ellie are seasoned pros at Frome College, both are in year 12 and studying A level Music Technology. Expect beautiful harmonies over guitar accompaniment.
- Jesse, Mia, Willow & Daisy make up this band and are all in year 11, this group will be performing originals written by talented singer songwriter Jesse. Enjoy cleverly written lyrics with lovely harmonies in the vocals. Jess will be also providing accompaniment on guitar with Daisy supporting on piano.
- Soloist Ollie is a regular face on the Frome busking scene and can often be seen playing in town on the weekends. Ollie is in Year 13 and currently studying A level Music Technology and is a fantastic classical guitarist.
- Laura is also studying A level Music Technology in Year 13. Laura is a skilled singer songwriter who will be singing and playing piano. Laura will be performing range of tasteful covers.
- Louis, Joe & Jude will be providing a bluesy jamming experience with their band who will be trawling a drum kit, bass and electric guitar around town with them.
Locations of performers
Check out the locations of the Frome Busks artists and the schedule, each artist will rotate every 15 minutes to perform across town.