Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support Service is there for anyone bereaved by suicide in Somerset. They offer emotional support as well as guidance through the trauma of sorting out personal affairs. The service operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
They provide telephone and face-to-face support, and host a peer support group for anyone bereaved by suicide, however recently or long ago. Their peer support group, is a safe place where people can share their stories and feelings and derive some comfort from spending time with those who have similar experiences. They also provide support and training to schools affected by the loss by suicide of a student or pupil.
For individuals bereaved they offer:
- Signposting to additional resources
- Monthly online facilitated Peer Support Group
- 1-2-1 Specialist Suicide Bereavement Support sessions (ages from 5yrs+)
- Signposting and information
- Help and advice on how to support someone who has been bereaved by suicide
- 1-2-1 Specialist Suicide Bereavement Support if you have been bereaved, or affected, by suicide as part of your role.
- Bereavement Buddies