Frome Medical Practice and Health Connections Mendip provide a range of health care services for families and younger adults.
Proxy access allows parents, family members and carers to access health services on behalf of other people. For example, children and dependents you care for.
You can also call their Care Navigators on 01373 301 301 from 8am to 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
Family Services include:
- Patient Education Sessions on topics like childhood eczema, young people’s mental health, diabetes, and virtual group consultations
- Contraception and Family Planning: the Practice Nurse team are trained in all areas of contraception and can provide advice and support on the various methods available
- Young people’s Mental Health Webinars supporting young adults with their mental health and wellbeing
- Healthy Child Programme: health and development reviews for your baby up to 2 years. These support you and ensure their development is on track
- Childhood Immunisations: Immunisations for children under school age. You will receive invitations for these appointments
- Young Person’s Clinic: walk-in advice about sexual health, contraception, mental health and anxiety, eating disorders, as well as general health
As well as the more traditional services offered by the Medical Practice, such as appointments with a GP, Nurse Practitioner or other healthcare professional, the building is also home to a café, pharmacy, opticians, operating theatre and outpatients’ clinic. In addition, the Horizon Suite hosts a number of resident and visiting health practitioners – attracted by our great facilities and drive for innovation. And the Centre also includes a Conference Centre, which is available for use by the local community as well as those organisations who use the building.
The Berkeley Rooms provide some of the best meeting facilities in the south west. All the rooms in the suite are adaptable, modern and bright with air-conditioning. Combined seating is available for 100 people.
They’re available to hire by business users as well as health professionals.
- 50sqm training/meeting room for seating up to 47 people
- Boardroom style room accommodating 16 people
- 2 separate 20sqm tutorial rooms
- Inclusive small ‘self service’ kitchen facility
- All rooms have their own 3D flat screen TV display system
- All rooms also have high quality audio with wireless microphones
- Wireless network for laptops, tablets and phones
- Hearing Aid T loop system