Everyone Needs Pockets is a local clothing and textile network which aims to support Frome in becoming a sustainable textile town through informing, skills sharing and raising awareness of ethical clothing and textile use.
They are a group of makers and researchers who make, stitch, knit, weave, repair, repurpose and remake and research local and global textile sustainability issues.
What they’re about:
- Textile reuse and repair
- Carbon emission reduction
- Raising awareness of the harm of the clothing and textile industry and textile waste
- Mental health and wellbeing by making and repurposing textiles
- Gathering as a social and sharing network
- Creating connections and solutions
- Support individual and group ideas and projects
They usually meet on the second or third Friday of the month at Future Shed. Please book in so they know you’re coming!