Home > Your Council > Mendip District Council > Planning applications

Planning applications

Is planning permission required and how do I make a planning application?

Mendip District Council (MDC) is the Local Planning Authority. Whilst the Town Council is happy to give advice you should always check with MDC if planning permission is required. For more information, visit their planning page.

Planning applications should be submitted directly to Mendip District Council either in hard copy of via the Planning Portal.

For information on what should be included, the fees and to download copies of the application forms and guidance notes, visit www.mendip.gov.uk/planningforms

How can Frome Town Council help?

The Town Council welcomes and encourages residents and developers to talk to them prior to submitting planning applications. If you have any questions about planning, please get in touch. If we can help we will, if not we can point you in the right direction.

You can find out more in our Planning for Frome pages.

24 October 2015
Last Updated
30 January 2021