Home > News > News > Home Improvement Loans Now Available

Home Improvement Loans Now Available

home improvement loans

HOMEOWNERS! If your home needs repair, adaptation or essential improvements, call Mendip District Council

Mendip District Council may be able to provide a low-interest loan for essential repairs

Who is eligible?

Homeowners on a low income (including park home owners) or
A tenant liable under the terms of their lease or tenancy for carrying out the works in question.
Properties must be in Council Tax bands A – D and normally, you must have lived in your home for at least 12 months before applying
You cannot apply if you are a Housing Association or Council tenant.

[Please also note that any damage due to recent flooding incidents is not applicable to this scheme – for flood damage repairs you should contact your home insurance company]

What repairs are included?

  • Electrical work
  • Plumbing work
  • Boiler repairs or replacement
  • Other heating system work
  • Damp remedy
  • Rotten windows and doors replacement
  • Updating old kitchens (over 20 years old) and old bathrooms (over 30 years old)
  • Roof repairs
  • Any other repairs assessed as essential

Call Mendip District Council on

0300 303 8588

or visit www.wrcic.org.uk

13 February 2014
Last Updated
19 January 2021
Published in