You may have noticed new fencing around the Old Showfield. It’s the beginning of some overall improvements which will be taking place at the Old Showfield this Autumn & Winter. Our plans to rejuvenate the space are outlined below, so read on to find out more.What’s happening?
- We’re improving the paths in and around the play area; they’ll be a mix of Tarmac and rubber – so they’ll be smooth, durable and with a little give (and bounce!)
- We’re also improving the surfacing underneath and around the play equipment, replacing the worn grid matting with brand new bonded-rubber
- All of the play equipment will be fixed and reinstated; and we’re adding some steps and climbing ropes by the slide (to make it easier to get back to the top to slide down again!)
- We’ll be planting a hedge around the play area. And to protect the hedge while it establishes we’ve started work on some temporary fencing
- With all of this done, we’ll add some more seating and another bin in the play area
- And across the entire site, we’ll be planting some new trees, including an avenue of Limes (Tilia platyphyllos rubra) along the track leading up to the football pitch
In line with our Management & Improvement Plan for the site, we’re also identifying funding to improve the rest of the paths around the site; and we’re looking to bring Parkrun to the Showfield.
If you’d like to find out more about any of this please feel free to call us on 01373 46575 or call in to the Town Hall.