Let’s keep Frome clean
There are lots of people involved in keeping the town clean, including Frome Town Council (FTC), Mendip District Council (MDC) & Somerset County Council (SCC).
Who does what?
- Here at FTC, we look after most of the parks and green spaces in Frome. Visit our Parks & Green spaces to find out more. We empty our bins once a day; every day – but if you see one that’s full let us know by calling 01373 465757
- MDC is responsible for pretty much all of the other bins in the town – and most of the street cleaning. You can report full bins directly to MDC by calling 0300 303 8588 or by email.
- SCC looks after most of the town’s roads and pavements, including roadside drains
Our campaign to keep Frome clean means organisations working together to make things better.
It also means everybody doing their bit, whether that’s businesses sweeping outside of their shops; people putting litter in bins; or community groups tidying unloved areas.
Get involved – 5 Incredibly Easy ways to help keep Frome clean today
- Bin it for Frome! Nice and simple: put litter in bins. It’s what they’re there for!
- Full? Report full or nearly-full bins around the town to us or to MDC
- Pick up after other people. Yes they’re being lazy, but it’ll only take a few seconds to put that crisp packet in the bin. And afterwards you can be extra proud knowing you’ve done your bit for yourself and for the town!
- Bag It & Bin It! Clean up after your dog. And remember bagged dog’s mess can go in any litter bin.
- No ifs or butts! Come on smokers – put them in the bin when they’re out.
Find out more
Contact us on 01373 465757 or at email@example.com to find out more. Alternatively, pop in to the Town Hall to have a chat.
Last updated on 21 March 2019