Whether you have questions about lowering your energy bills, moving to low carbon heating, home insulation or dealing with energy debt, the Healthy Homes team are here to help.
Stop by for a one-on-one discussion with one of the Centre for Sustainable Energy’s (CSE) trained energy advisers or pick up some of CSE’s helpful short guides. Frome Town Council’s Healthy Homes team also offer home visits.
The CSE will be holding open Energy Advice sessions between now and September. Drop by to have a chat at
Frome Library from 10am – 4pm:
- Wednesday 9th August
- Wednesday 20th September
Fair Frome from 11am – 1pm:
Every last Wednesday of the month in the new Fair Frome Centre at Marston Trading Estate, BA11 4BG.
Healthy Homes Visits
The healthy homes visits are delivered by Frome Town Council’s Healthy Homes team and the fantastic Energy Advice Volunteers who are trained by our partners, the Centre for Sustainable Energy. They have all completed a City and Guilds Level 3 Energy Advice course.
The volunteers provide general energy advice and can help with:
- Cold and damp, mould and insulation
- Help understand energy bills
- Help understand and set up heating controls
- Help with the hire and use of the thermal imaging camera
- Install draughtproofing, radiator panels, thermal curtains, hot water tank jackets etc – these have been funded by FRECo
- If appropriate they can refer to CSE for grant funded energy improvements, or help with supplier issues and energy related debt.
You can request a visit by email or by calling 01373 480391.
What help can I get from the Home Energy team at CSE?
Anyone can call the CSE’s helpline on 0800 082 2234 for free advice to help with:
- Improving your home’s energy efficiency, including advice and support to get a new heating system or insulation
- Tips on ventilation and avoiding damp, condensation and mould
- Help with claiming benefits including the Warm Home Discount Scheme
- Clearing or reducing fuel debt
- Understanding energy use, such as heating systems, bills and meter readings
- Fuel vouchers or emergency support as needed and available