This year our People’s Budget: Town Vote proposal is designed to complement the ongoing work we are doing in developing community networks. It is meant to support community cohesion and resilience.
PB Town will invite projects which are:
- Up to £1k from street level communities within the budget of £10,000.
- These communities can be a collection of residents, business or a neighbourhood network but the key to the project is it must be location based.
- The projects must be deliverable in the financial year of 2021-2022,
- have a costed budget,
- be focussed at a community level on a street or place
- and be bought forward by residents or communities groups who are happy to work with our neighbourhood networks co-ordinator to support projects and to bring others from the area on board.
- The projects don’t all have to be different; it could be the same project delivered across different areas, but they do have to be identifiable as location based.
- We promote the initiative and resulting projects will be posted for discussion on our Your Priorities platform and at a stakeholder event involving the Neighbourhood Network and the pitching projects
- Each project must prove that it has community support
We will promote the initiative and resulting projects will be posted for discussion on our Your Priorities platform. So long as our criteria are met, we will put them forward to a Town vote. The voting criteria will be defined along the basis of feasibility, impact and equality and it is hoped that this will produce some interesting, inventive, and beneficial outcomes.
The closing date for projects is the 30th October.
Idea Exchange event
You are invited you to an online Idea Exchange event at 7pm on 12th October. Here all the groups can come together to discuss the merits of their projects and get support for their ideas. Each project must prove that it has community support and so all the resulting projects, if they meet our criteria, will also be posted for discussion on our Your Priorities platform for discussion. If there are more projects than there is money, there will be a Town Vote in the first two weeks of November.