Frome Town Council hosts a four weekly health and wellbeing radio show, called Radio Active. This show broadcasts every 4 weeks on a Thursday lunchtime from 12-1 on our local community radio station, Frome FM. You can listen to the show online or on 96.6FM.
Radio Active is repeated on Frome FM several times in the week the show goes out:
- Thursday original 12.00pm
- Thursday repeat 6.00pm
- Friday repeat 3.00pm
- Saturday repeat 5.00pm
- Sunday repeat 9.00am
- Monday repeat 12.00pm
You can also catch up with previous shows at anytime here.
What’s coming up on our next shows?
Our next show is on 6 December from 12-1. Keep your eye out for who our festive guests might be!
What have we talked about on recent shows?
On our November show we heard from guests including:
- Emma Parker from the Town Council talking about the benefits of cycling
- Sam from Love to Ride talking about the Love to Ride Frome website we can all use
- Rich and Ruth from Frome’s Missing Links talking about all the latest news on work to deliver this exciting project
- Rachel from the Town Council talking about Christmas already – and the plans to Light the Night in Frome on 30th November!
- And presenter of this months show Peter gave an update on the plans for Phase 2 of improving the Market Place
You’ll be able to catch up on the show soon via our Radio Active website page but meantime tune in to Frome FM at any of the times above to hear the show replayed.
On our October show we heard from guests including:
- Rhys and Vince, talking about Community Catalysts and a network of ‘microproviders’ who support people with a range of needs in Frome, from gardening and cleaning, to music therapy and advocacy
- Helen from Volunteer Frome who chatted with us about volunteering and her role in Frome
- And Andrew from Frome Town Rotary Club who told us all about the return of an organised firework display in Frome
On our September show we heard from guests including:
- Nova Sports and Coaching, who shared with us their plans to provide more inclusive sporting opportunities across Frome over the next few months
- Emma Parker, Project Officer at Frome Town Council who spoke to us about Cycle September
- Kate Hellard, Project Officer at Frome Town Council, who spoke to us about the Rubbish Meeting taking place on 15th September
Join us on our health and wellbeing radio show…..
If there’s something you’d love to chat with us about on our health and wellbeing radio show please get in touch. There are so many things going on in Frome that are health and wellbeing related and we’d love to be able to share news of these things with more people! The show is very relaxed and guests usually enjoy taking part!
The Health and Wellbeing Hour
Radio Active is one of several shows that form the Health and Wellbeing Hour on Frome FM. The Health and Wellbeing Hour is put together by a number of local organisations, including the Council and Frome Medical Practice. It aims to showcase the wealth of support in Frome that aims to help us live healthy and fulfilling lives.
You can find out more about the Health and Wellbeing Hour and other shows that take place on a Thursday lunchtime here.
Last updated 11 November 2018