Purpose of the Frome Health and Wellbeing Forum
The Frome Health and Wellbeing Forum aims to:
- Connect people and organisations in Frome with an interest in health and wellbeing
- Be a focus for the sharing of information about health and wellbeing
- Ensure people can engage and participate in discussions and the decisions we make around health and wellbeing and the work being done in Frome on this
- Bring together interested people and stakeholders to identify health and wellbeing priorities in Frome
- Work together to improve health and wellbeing in Frome
How often does the forum meet?
It was agreed at the Forum in April 2018 that forums would be held twice a year.
Who can come along to forum meetings?
The Forum is open to members of the public and those working in Frome who have an interest in health and wellbeing. People can sign up to receive updates about the Forum here.
Why do we have a Health and Wellbeing forum in Frome?
We want to involve other people in the development of our work relating to health and wellbeing – whether that’s agreeing priorities for the strategy or considering how we can support and enable people in Frome to improve their health and wellbeing.
In December 2017 Frome Town Council agreed to adopt a Health and Wellbeing Strategy. You can see the Strategy here.
The strategy has three main priorities:
The Town Council work programme shows what we will be doing on these areas of work over the next few months. It also highlights our work on community development and support for organisations; areas of work that are key to improving health and wellbeing.
What’s happened at previous meetings?
You can see agendas and read notes of previous meetings here:
- March 2019 – our next Health and Wellbeing Forum will take place on Thursday 14th March from 10.00am – 12.30pm
- September 2018
- April 2018
- November 2017
Other groups that link to the Health and Wellbeing Forum
Updated 14 September 2018