REDUCING ENERGY AND CARBON IN TRANSPORT
Here are some of the activities we’re undertaking to reduce the impact of transport in Frome:
- We secured funding from the DfT to set up a community car club. Two solar powered electric cars and a hybrid vehicle are available for hire for just £3.75 an hour. The scheme has already enabled many households to avoid the cost and hassle of running a second car.
- We facilitate the Frome and Village Bus Users Group
- We are working with the train operators to get better services for Frome
- We helped to secure Section 106 money to facilitate improvements at Frome Station. This includes better signage, an accessible bus stop and improved pedestrian access.
- We secured funding to offer free and subsidised cycle classes and bike maintenance, in partnership with Sustainable Frome
- We secured free electric charge points for cars (and bikes) at the Cheese and Grain and are looking for further locations for additional charge points.
- We are promoting lift-share and other carbon cutting transport methods