How is the town council involved in planning?
There are several ways in which the town council is involved in planning:
- We are consulted on all planning applications within Frome that are submitted to Mendip District Council.
- We encourage residents and developers to come and talk to us before submitting applications
- We have produced a draft Neighbourhood Plan to enable local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community which you can see here
- We have produced a Town Design Statement with the aim of improving the quality of existing and future developments in Frome
- We offer advice and information on all things planning related, from ‘is my house listed’ to ‘how do I make a planning application’
To do this we have a Planning Advisory Group, made up of Frome Town Council staff and Town Councillors, who meet every three weeks. More information about the advisory group can be found here.
We also have a Planning Officer Jane Llewellyn who can be contacted on 01373 465757 and can help with your planning inquiries.
In this section you can find information on: