Somerset County Council is the local authority which operate buses. There are other bus/transpot service providers which are privately owned.
You can search for and view bus timetables on the Traveline website. We can print off a timetable for you at our Information Point in the Library at a cost of 10p.
Please be advised: Bus operators can change their timetables on any day during the year providing they give the Traffic Commissioners 56 days’ notice.
Transporting Somerset PPC302
Somerset County Council
Telephone: 0300 123 2224 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, Sunday closed).
How to apply for a bus pass…
To apply for a concessionary bus pass please download and complete Somerset County Council’s application form here.
You will need to complete this form and send it to them with a recently taken photograph (colour passport style), along with proof of your age and any disability.
You will also need to send the County Council proof of your home address. Documents they will accept are as follows:
Documentation for proof of age could be:
- Birth certificate
- Driving licence
- Medical card
- Pension book
Documentation for proof of disability could be one of the following:
- Department for Work and Pensions Attendance Allowance
- Department for Work and Pensions Disability Living Allowance award letter which gives details of your award for mobility and care components
- Department for Work and Pensions Personal Independence Payment Statement of Entitlement, which gives details of your points awarded for Mobility Activities Moving around activity and Planning and Following Journeys’ activity
- Letter from a medical professional on official headed paper that gives details of your disability and how it affects you carrying out normal day to day activities
- Letter from Social Service
Documentation for proof of home address could be:
- Bank Statement
- Council Tax Bill
- Driving Licence
- Electoral Registration
- Landline Phone Bill
- NHS Medical Card
- TV Licence
- Utility Bill
What happens next?
Your bus pass application will be assessed and verified by Somerset County Council, and then the pass will be sent directly to your home address. They will also advise if you have not been successful in obtaining a bus pass.
What public transport services are available?
Buses available to various locations
E.g. Bath, Wells, Trowbridge, Chippenham, Westbury, Warminster
Most buses depart from the Market Place, Frome.
Contact Traveline on 0871 200 2233
Other useful links:
to London, Weymouth, Bristol & beyond
The railway Station in Frome is located just off Portway.
Contact 08457 484950.
National Express Coaches to London & beyond
Contact them on 08717 818181.
You can buy tickets from our Information Centre point in the Library.
Berrys Coaches – Superfast coaches to London
Contact 01823 331356. Tickets are also available from our Information Centre point in the Library.