Advice, support and guidance

Where can I find advice and information on…

Somerset Winter Services

Please see the guide here

Legal advice?

– see Solicitors

Legal, money & other problems?

The Citizens Advice Bureau

Give advice and help solve problems, including debt and consumer issues, benefits, housing, legal matters, employment, and immigration. Advisers can help fill out forms, write letters, negotiate with creditors and represent clients at court or tribunal.

Address: 5 King Street, Frome, Somerset, BA11 1BH
Tel: 03 444 889 623
Opening hours: Monday 10.00am – 3.00pm, Wednesday 10.00am – 3.00pm, Friday 10.00am – 3:00pm

Council Tax?

Council Tax is payable to Mendip District Council
For account enquiries, including new accounts and to find out how much council tax you owe or request a copy bill contact Customer Services:

Telephone: 0300 303 8588
Address: Council Offices, Cannards Grave Road, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 5BT


Housing Options Team – Contact Mendip District Council

Telephone: 0300 3038588

Housing Benefits?

Housing Options Team – Contact Mendip District Council

Telephone: 0300 3038588

Accommodation, activities, employment, and training for young people (16-25)?

Routes – one stop shop

Address: Frome Foyer, 1a Palmer Street, Frome, Somerset. BA11 1DS
Telephone: 01373 473525

The Routes Youth Cafe

Opening times: Monday – Thursday: 10:00am – 5:00pm, Friday: 10:00am – 9:00pm, Saturdays 12pm – 5:00pm

Open Story Tellers

Address: Studio 8 Black Swan Arts 2 Bridge St Frome BA11 1BB
Telephone: 01373 471171

Careers and learning opportunities (over 19s)?

Somerset Skills & Learning

Telephone: 0845 688 0488

Finding a job? – Job Centre Plus 7-10 Kingsway Frome Somerset BA11 1QW
Telephone: 0845 6043719
Opening Times: Monday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Tuesday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Wednesday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm

Starting a business?

Check out the wealth of information on starting a business on Mendip District Council’s website – click here.

Obtaining planning consent?

Planning at Mendip District Council